Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Countdown to Christmas

Life has been trundling merrily along. Bert is super busy with his dog walking and pet sitting business. There are endless doggies parading in and out of our garden! I mentioned on my Facebook feed the other day that I feel like I'm in a real-life version of that riddle of the farmer trying to cross the river with a fox, a chicken, and a bag of grain. At our house it's -- Mia can't be with Calvin, Jefe and Iggy can't be with the cats, Gus can't be near the neighbour, Daisy can't be allowed in the bathroom or near any shoes, Mia is okay with Noodles but not Queso, and a new doggie who is staying with us for a month is hanging back shyly in the corner going, "What the...?" Ha ha! We are constantly juggling pets and people around here. :)

But life is good and I can't complain that Bert is working so much. He's making good money and spending it wisely. He has also gotten back into mosaic making with a vengeance! Here is his latest piece in progress.
Beautiful, isn't it?
Me, I'm trying to focus more on making consistent money every day, although my lazy streak usually kicks in around 1pm. I love nap time! I'm glad that I have the opportunity to work at night when the house is quiet and I'm more alert.

Christmas is sneaking up on us again. The warm weather and sunny skies make for a strange holiday season. But there are lights up all over town and in our house too! We had a Christmas Party with a few friends, which was loads of fun.

Noodles discovering Xmas lights for the first time.
Christmas tree Panajachel Guatemala
The Christmas "tree" at the big church here in Panajachel.
(It's not really a tree but fake branches over a metal frame.)
Fireworks for sale everywhere. Never a dull moment around the holidays!
The bakery has Olaf and street dogs. How festive!
Our bizarre Guatemala Christmas tree.
Not much else to report. I'll leave you all with a short video I took while walking to the grocery store the other day. No shoveling snow here! 😊

No comments :

Post a Comment